Easy Homemade Whole Food’s Granola Bars
August 12, 2018
You know those Granola Bars that are always in the checkout line? Yeah, those. This is copycat recipe for them. You can eat these Granola bars by their own, or you can also try breaking them apart and topping your yogurt and smoothies.
These are great for snacking, great for kids, and so easy to make! There is no baking involved, which is always convenient. You could pack these in your kid’s lunches, take them to sporting events, or put them in your office for when you’re hungry.
- 4 Cups Whole Oats (or quick oats)
- 3/4 Cup Almonds (I used roasted)
- 3/4 Cup Raw Cashews (chop if you want!)
- 1/2 Cup Raw Pepitas
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/3 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (i used the Truvia Blend)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- Use a food processor or blender to grind up the oats. **I ended up using quick oats as is
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, sesame seeds, raisins, cranberries, cashews, pepitas, almonds, and shredded coconut. Set aside.
- Add the brown sugar, coconut oil, honey, and brown rice syrup in a sauce pot and heat over the stop top on high. Once the coconut oil melts, remove from the heat and stir in the sea salt and vanilla.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients and mix well. Make sure to get every ingredient coated in the syrup.
- Scoop the mixture out on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Spread evenly.
- Place a separate sheet of wax paper over the top of the bars and press down until the bars are flat and packed.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before slicing them into bars.
- Cut into squares, wrap, and store in the refrigerator! * I wrapped mine and put them in a container.
We hope you enjoy these bars as much as we do! Also, tell us below if you’ll be making them.